Friday 25 March 2011

THE CHAMPION


READ:  PSALM 27:1-3
When you come to grips with the authority and the power which reside in the name of Jesus, you will discover what it means to become a divine champion. Jesus Christ is the Lord of hosts. A Divine champion knows the value of the Name of Jesus Christ. When a Divine champion goes to battle, he goes in the name of Jesus Christ. When David told Goliath that he had come to him in the Name of Jesus Christ, several things were implied. The first implication is that he was telling Goliath that Jesus Christ was his strength. You need strength to fight. David drew his strength from God. Every Divine champion acknowledges Jesus Christ as his strength. In Philippians 4:13, the Bible says: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Ephesians 6:10 says: “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.” John 15:5 says: “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” In case you do not know that it is in Christ alone that your strength lies, all you need to do is to ask Samson. Judges 16:18-20 informs us that after the link between Samson and the Lord was cut off, he rose up, to go out as before. He, however, suddenly discovered that he had become an ordinary man. What makes a Divine champion is the strength given by the Lord. The Lord will be strength. David, the Psalmist, stated that the Lord was his confidence. David wrote in Psalm 27:1, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? “ A Divine champion has confidence in the Lord. He knows that when he sleeps there is Someone, who neither sleeps nor slumbers, who would swing into action. If you have not been sleeping well, it means you are not yet a Divine champion. You will become one in Jesus Name.
MEMORIZE: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 –I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.