Friday 4 March 2011

THE POWER OF PERSISTENCE


READ: LUKE 18:1-8
Today, we shall examine the power of persistence. So far, we have discovered that the moment Divine champions make contact with their senior partner the rest is simple. They know that “If God is for us, nobody can be against us.” They know that once they have secured the backing of the Almighty, they will win any battle, no matter the size of the enemy or the direction he is coming from. This is why Divine champions are always rugged prayer warriors. They pray until they get results. Many of us would pray for some time and when we do not get result we assume it is the will of God. Who told you that it is not the will of God to heal you? The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ into the world to destroy anything in our live that we can trace to the devil. But you must pray until something happens. Some of us hear what God intends to do, claim it, and go to bed. The moment you hear what God intends to do, what you do next is to go and pray to get your own share. You are to pray until the miracle happens. I would give two examples. In 1975, I was attacked by a boil on my nose. I had just believed in divine healing. The boil grew so big that it blocked one of my nostrils. I prayed non-stop for about three days, yet nothing happened. One of my relatives who was a doctor advised that I should take injection but I refused. The pain went on and on. One night I could not sleep throughout. I kept on praying until around 4.00 a.m in the morning, and I then slept off. I was woken up by the buzzing sound of a mosquito. As I tried to kill the mosquito, I smashed my nose and the boil burst. Let me give another example. For months, I prayed to God for power. One day, God asked me if I had used the power already given me. He said since I had been baptised in the Holy Ghost, I already had power, according to Acts 1:8. About twenty-four hours later, a sick child was brought to me. The child had not slept for days: I started praying for the child and, before long, the baby slept off. These experiences show that it pays to be persistent in prayer. Today, I challenge you to pray until you obtain or something happens.
MEMORIZE: PSALM 4:3 –But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; the LORD will hear when I call to Him.