Friday 28 December 2012

FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH


READ: REVELATION 2:8-10

“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry...” (1 Timothy 1:12).
If you would serve God, you must be faithful to him. According to the verse above, Paul was counted faithful before he was employed by God in ministry. In the secular world, before a job is given to someone, he has to go through a series of stages and tests. Eventually, employers will draw up a shortlist and screen the best candidate for the job. Among other qualities employers look out for in the ideal candidate is faithfulness.
“Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulations ten days; be you faithful to death, and I will give you a crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10). If the secular world requires men they can trust, men of integrity, how much more does God require such faithful men? In fact, from the above, God expects those who serve him to be faithful to death. This means that he expects you to execute whatever assignment he has given you, even if it costs you your life. The greater tasks require more highly committed and faithful men.
“Go, gather all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast you for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night and day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in to the king, which is not according to the law; and if I perish, I perish.” (Esther 4:16).
Esther put her life on the line to save the nation. You too may have to lay down your life to save others. For God to use you, start by serving him with what you have. Use your money and time to serve him. If you do this well, God will begin to entrust you with bigger assignments. Start from the small things. When you are faithful in little things, he will make you master of great things. How faithful are you to his Highest Majesty?

MEMORIZE: 1 TIMOTHY 1:12 –And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry...