Monday 6 June 2011

THE SATANIC COUNSEL

READ: MATTHEW 4:7-11
The words, “Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain...” show that the devil never gives up. He is sure to tempt you again and again. The fact that you have won previous battles and overcome some temptations does not mean that you are no longer a target of attack. Satan never gives up. He tempted Jesus tree times. Our text shows how Satan came the third time. He tried to use the lust of the eyes. “Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the word and their glory. And he said to Him, All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” Satan showed Jesus Christ the beauty of the world and said he would give Him all if Jesus would worship him. Satan was saying that for Jesus Christ to save the people under his (Satan’s) grip, He should worship him so that he would relinquish the world to Him. The world had been that of Satan since Adam sinned. He was saying that there was no need for Jesus Christ to die so as to save the people, as long as He worshiped him. Jesus refused. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego also refused to bow to Satan. I will never bow to Satan. Many people, desiring promotion n the places o work, have joined secret societies where they worship the devil. I will not bow to Satan. I am satisfied with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ answered Satan in Matthew 4:10, “Then Jesus said to him, Away with you, Satan! For it is written, You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.” Only God is to be worshipped. Jesus Christ knew that God has promised Him something, as written in Psalm 2:7-9, “I will declare the decree: the LORD has said to Me, You are my Son, today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations fr Your inheritance, and the end of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; you shall dash hem in pieces like a potter’s vessel.” His knowledge of the word made Him to discountenance Satan’s counsel. Satan would always counsel you to look for short cuts in order to sidetrack you. The devil has no good plan for you. Shut out his counsel and hold on to the world of God.
MEMORIZE: JEREMIAH 51:20 –You are My battle- ax and weapons of war: for with you I will break the nation in pieces; with you I will destroy kingdoms;