Tuesday 21 June 2011

THE SHADOW

READ: PSALM 27:10-14
The shadow is inseparable from the object. In the same vein, you cannot separate a man from his shadow. Beloved, God wants to be as close as your shadow is to you. He can permanently be by your side to keep you from danger, to protect you from evil and to fight your battles for you. When physical protection crumbles, the Almighty God will remain as close to you as your shadow. Your shadow cannot run away from you. In Hebrews 13:5, the Lord says: “... I will never leave you nor forsake you.” In Isaiah 43:2, He says that He is ready to go through fire and water with us: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.” When you go through the river He will be there so that the river will not overflow you. When you go through fire, He will be there. The fire will not burn you. In the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel 3:24-25, even though the furnace was heated seven times than usual, God was still there with them. When Nebuchadenezzar looked into the furnace, instead of seeing three people roasted to death, he found them alive, and that there was a fourth person. He said the fourth person looked like the Son of man. It does not matter how hot the fire you have to pass through is, the Almighty God will go through with you. He said in Psalm 27:10: “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will care of me.” In certain situations, hen your parents cannot help you, Gold will there. God wants to be your permanent keeper till your old age, according to Isaiah 46:4, “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; eve I will carry, and will deliver you.” These glorious promises should bring joy, cheer and courage to your heart today. God will never forsake you. He will stand by you at all times. He is the very present help in the time of trouble. He is the only true friend and constant companion.
MEMEORIZE: HEBREWS 13:5 –Let your conduct be without covetousness, and be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.