Sunday 4 September 2011

THE CHOICE


READ:  GENESIS 32:1-5
You have to make a choice between poverty and wealth. The will of God concerning any of His children is very clear. You can decide to languish in poverty or choose to live in stupendous wealth. Poverty is never part of God’s programme for your life. You can decide to enjoy the wealth of God. Let us examine Genesis 32:3-5 “Then Jacob sent messengers before him to Esau his brother in the land of Seir, the country of Edom. And he commanded them, saying, Speak thus to my lord Esau, Thus your servant Jacob says: I have sojourned with Laban and stayed there until no. I have oxen, donkeys, flocks, and male and female servants, and I have sent to tell my lord, that I may find favour in your sight.” Here, it is clear that Jacob was not covered in rags, neither was he hungry. God is the God of the rich, and his closest friends are very wealthy. Therefore if you become one of the closest friends of God you will become very rich. If it is evil to be rich; it follows that God must be evil, but God is NOT evil. Birds of the same feathers flock together. The rich are friends of the rich and the poor are friends of the poor. Therefore, God decided to befriend the rich. Furthermore, if it is evil to be rich, then God will not want to be rich, because God is a good God! And He said in His word, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11). Now let us examine some of His thoughts towards us. 3 John 1:2 has this to say: “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as you soul prospers.” God wishes above all that three things happen in your life. The first is that He wants you to prosper. Second, He wants you to be in good health, and thirdly, He wants it to be well with your soul. There is no doubt that you will agree with God concerning His divine wishes for you. If you agree with God concerning His divine wishes, how can you now turn back and say: “God remove prosperity I don’t need it.” If you accept the first two, you must accept the third one also, or else you reject everything. If you do not want to prosper, turn to God ad say, “Take away my good health and send down sickness on me from head to foot.” Nobody would like this. If you do refuse good health, please do not refuse prosperity.
MEMORIZE: 3 JOHN 1:2 –Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as you soul prospers.