Wednesday 21 September 2011

COMPLETE PROVISION


READ 2 CHRONICLES 16:1-9
God is able to give you an all–round protection as you journey through this world. As you go out on your daily business, and even as you return home each day, God’s protection over you is assured. Yes, the Bible says: “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” (1 Peter 5:8). Though lions walk about seeking preys, the eyes of the Lord run about to protect you. He will there whenever you need Him. In 2 Chronicles 16:9, the Bible says: “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” The lion is walking about but the eyes of the Lord are running to and fro. The One running is obviously faster than the walking. As long as the Lord is your help, before the lion can get to you, He is already by your side. When the lion looks at you, he will see the Lord. The eyes of the Lord constantly survey the whole world to locate His own and see if there is any danger on their path. If God has to wait all the time for us to pray before He acts, it may be too late. Long before we pray, the Almighty God has spotted the danger on our ways and has made provisions in any case. God is everywhere at all times, according to Psalm 139:7-10: “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.” He is on the mountain top. He is in the valley. He is in the air and also under the sea. God is everywhere. He will protect you everywhere you go. You are safe in His hands. Underneath you are Everlasting arms.
MEMORIZE: EXODUS 12:13 –Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.