Tuesday 20 September 2011

THE GULF IS FIXED


READ: LUKE 16:19-25
The devil spends a great deal of energy trying to dull people’s senses in the existence of Heaven. When people act and take decisions, the devil ensures that they do not take eternity into consideration. Satan has continued to do all he can to deceive people into believing that there is no heaven. I know that there is Heaven and I have a friend there. Jesus is my Friend and He is in Heaven. God the Father is in Heaven. God the Holy Spirit is also there. My friends who died in the Lord are also there. Jesus told us a true story in our text. This story gives us a glimpse of Heaven and hell and shows us that all does not start and end in this world. Satan also propagates the idea of purgatory. This is, according to Satan, a place where the dead go first. Here, it is believed that one will suffer for a short time and then all flaws would be cleansed. He the person will become qualified for heaven. This is a lie from the pit of hell. If you should find yourself in hell, be sure that you will be there forever. There is no way of getting to Heaven from hell. Satan also tells people that Jesus Christ is dead. He says that Jesus Christ did not resurrect. My Jesus Christ is alive, without any doubt. Job said in Job 19:25-27: “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!” Jesus Christ is alive. One of these days I shall see Him. If Jesus comes today, will He take you along? Will you be ne of the overcomers?
MEMORIZE: JOB 19:25 –For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth.