Friday 5 August 2011

PROVOKING BLESSING


READ: GENESIS 27:1-29
You can provoke God. There are certain things you can do to cause God to arise and bless you. Nothing happens by chance. Every occurrence has an antecedent. A curse would not come except there is reason for it. The simplest way to prepare yourself for blessings, according to the Scriptures, is by making someone happy to the extent that he would pronounce a blessing on you. We have an example in our text: “Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.” When someone’s soul blesses you it is the deepest kind of blessing. Isaac asked his son, Esau, to make him happy by preparing his best food for him so that when he pronounced the blessings, it would work. When some who has the authority to bless you does so and there is a reason for it, you can be sure that it would work. In Genesis 22, after Gold told Abraham to give Him his son Isaac, he did not disobey. Because of this, God pronounced blessings on him. “...because you have done this thing...in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” Abraham made God happy and God blessed him and his seed (Genesis 22:16-18). You can provoke God to bless you by doing things that will gladden His heart. All you have to do is to locate what you will do to make God lavish His blessings on you. Carry out those things and you will be blessed.
MEMORIZE: GENESIS 22:17 –In blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.