Sunday 11 November 2012

NEW CREATURE


READ: 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
I have heard some say that being born again affects only your spirit. I beg to differ. From my little training as a mathematician, I know the import of the word ‘all’. When you are saved, everything in your life can and should change, including your body. One way our body can demonstrate this is through freedom from sickness and disease (Exodus 15:26).
Before I gave my life to Jesus, I was frequently struck down by malaria, at least once a month. I loved sports. I did a bit of boxing, tennis and swimming. The illness continued. Any month I did not have malaria; we celebrated with champagne and woke up the following morning with a headache. But after giving my life to Jesus, I have not taken a single tablet for more than 28 years now, but rather I am growing stronger daily by God’s special grace. When Moses died at age 120, his eyes were not dim and his physical strength was intact (Deuteronomy 34:7).
After the new birth, your body can be free from burdens, anxiety and lack of rest (Matthew 11:28-30). God promises to take over your burdens and replace them with his rest. Worry is the interest you are paying on a loan you may never get. The world may end before the tomorrow you are worrying about. When you are saved, you can be free from all forms of weakness – spiritual, financial, moral. When you begin to carry the anointing and glory of God on you, your body is also rejuvenated.
Your soul and your mind can be transformed by God’s renewing Word (Romans 12:1-2). This means you will need to empty your mind of every polluted idea and worldly way of doing things and imbibe the Scriptural methods for doing the same things. Are you truly born again? Jesus can present you holy unto God.      

MEMORIZE: 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17 –Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.