Monday 12 November 2012

OUR DAYS ARE FEW


READ: JAMES 4:13-17

“Are not my days few? Cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, before I go where I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death.” (Job 10:20-21).
Job was one person who did not pray hypocritical prayers. He told God exactly how he left. Some Christians find it difficult to be honest and sincere with God in prayer. You ought to pour your heart to him who alone can be trusted. He is the only One you can be sure will not use your secrets against you. Even if he reveals them to someone, it is so that your life can be better than it is.
Job says: “Are not my days few?” Yes, because our days are few, our problems will soon come to an end. There is a limit to everything in life, including our problems and trials. The saints already in heaven have no more temptations to fornicate, lie or steal. Their sorrows are forever gone. Someday, sooner than you may think, the Lord will appear in the sky to take us home. Be ready, my brother – be ready for that day.
Psalm 90:12 says: “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.” God wants us to measure our existence on a day-to-day basis. Number your days, not years, and daily seek his guidance to understand his purpose for your life. As each day passes, your time is getting shorter. So whatever assignment you have to do for the Lord, you must hurry up (John 9:4).
Ecclesiastes 3:1 says there is a season for everything. Anything done out of season is valueless. Serve God now and accomplish those great things now for his glory. The night is coming! If it’s money you want to give God, give it now. If you want to build for God, do it now. Reorder your priorities: drop the good for the best. Let God’s glory be uppermost in your heart. 

MEMORIZE: JOB 10:20-21 –Are not my days few? Cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, before I go where I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death.