Monday 3 October 2011

GLORIOUS ASSURANCE


READ: MATTHEW 5:13-16
Assurance of salvation is a Biblical teaching needed by all newborn babes in Christ. Since the process of getting saved is so simple, new converts need to e given assurance to enable them know that it is not feelings but facts and faith that matter. The price paid by our Saviour is so great that we can now obtain the benefits of Calvary with ease. By declaring, “It is finished,” the Lord is telling us that all we have to do to receive Christian graces is ask. Whenever you are ready to become a child of God and receive His purity and holiness, God is ready, too, to supply the needed grace. All you have to do is ask God for the free gift of His Son. His righteousness and life will become yours. If you would like to receive the righteousness, salvation and eternal life of Christ, say this prayer aloud: “Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. I believe that God raised You from the dead. I accept You as my personal Saviour and the Lord of my life. Come into my heart and cleanse me of all my unrighteousness. Grant me your purity and holiness that I may live for you in this world and with you in the world to come. Thank you for saving me and making me pure.” Did you say that prayer with all seriousness in your heart? I congratulate and welcome you into the family of God. Let me give you this scriptural assurance: “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.” (1 John 3:1-3). Do not think about your feeling; focus your attention on the facts of Scripture. Look away from the impossible situation and concentrate your focus on the assurance given you in the word of God.
MEMORIZE: MATTHEW 5:48 –Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.