Sunday 16 October 2011

MY RESOLVE


READ: ISAIAH 29:13-15
A lot of people often wonder why I call God my Daddy.  Have always desired an exceptional relationship with God, wanting to be a perfect example of what a Christian should be, no matter the cost. I want people to look at me and see that I am, indeed, a Christian. I once had an old woman sitting near me on a plane to America. For a long while she struggled to put on the seat belt. It was obviously her first time on a plane, so I help her. When refreshments were about to be served, she did not know where the table was, so I help her again. Before and after these, we did not talk. About thirty minutes later, however, she asked, “You must be a minister of God?” I said “Yes.” Then she said again, “I guessed that much.” How I wish people would see you and know that you are Christian, instead of being unsure of where you really belong because of your words and actions. There must be demarcation between light and darkness. It is high time we became spiritually sold out to God. It does not pay to live like a chameleon. If your neighbours call you a believer, be an Israelite, indeed, in whom there is no guile. Do not place one leg in the church and another in the world. Be a Christian through and through. Do not come to the church today and visit an idol tomorrow. We have discovered that idols cannot answer prayers. That is why we came to Jesus Christ. We know, according to Psalm 115:4-8, that, “Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands. They have mouths, but they do not speak; eyes they have, but they do not see; they have ears, but they do not hear; noses they have, but they do not smell; they hand hands, but they do not handle; feet they have, but they do not walk; nor do they mutter through their throat. Those who make them are like them; so is everyone who trusts in them.” We know that the Almighty God hears and speaks. He can answer prayers. Why then are some of our prayers not answered? After all He said n Jeremiah 33:3 that He would answer if we call on Him. Could there be something wrong? Could it be that we do certain things contrary to the will of God and think nobody sees us? Be down to earth with yourself. Cast off the garment of hypocrisy and self-delusion. Decide to serve the Lord with all sincerity.
MEMORIZE: DEUTERONOMY 28:1 –Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth.