Friday 18 February 2011

A POTENTIAL CHAMPION

READ: ACTS 2:1-4
The greatest discovery in life is the discovery of your potentials. Your present status does not matter; what matters is what you will become tomorrow. In every one of us, there is that potential to become a Divine Champion and become mighty men and women of God. Your age has nothing to do with it at all. Your greatness can come when you are a little child like Samuel or when you are eighty years old like Moses. It is a question of God’s timetable. What will turn the potential in us into reality? The divine touch. Water has great potentials. You can drink it, use it to bathe and wash your clothes with it. There are, however, many other things that water can do. Water can cook the toughest meat to make it soft. Water can move a train. What must happen to the water before it can realise that great potential to cook and move anything? It must be exposed to fire. It is when fire comes in contact with water that it becomes steam. When water becomes hot it can cook, kill germs and move mountains. This is why Jesus Christ said we would receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon us. David was an ordinary shepherd boy until the oil that represents the Holy Spirit landed upon him. Elisha was an ordinary servant until the double portion anointing landed on him. Peter was an ordinary fisherman until Jesus called him to become a fisher of men. Peter did not win many souls when Jesus was around; however, after the day of Pentecost, when fire fell on him and the water in him got heated up, he preached one sermon and three thousand souls were saved. For months, I was asking God for power. One day he told me to shut up. He asked me why I needed power. I said, “To do your work.” He asked me what I had done with the power I got when I was baptised in the Holy Spirit. I said I did not feel any power. He referred me to Acts 1:8 and asked me whether I believed the Bible or not. I said His words are forever settled. That day brought a new beginning and the Almighty God is still doing wonders. It is when you catch fire that your greatness begins. Petrol can do quite a lot. However, it can do nothing until it catches fire. If you are not born again, you cannot catch fire. If you are already born again, thank God then for making you a potential Divine Champion.
MEMORIZE: ACTS 1:8 –But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.