Sunday 13 February 2011

RESOLUTE DETERMINATION


READ: PSALM 27:1-8
Success and victory do not come on the platter of gold. We need to manifest certain qualities of character in order to get the best in time and in eternity. One of such qualities is resolute determination. You need resolute determination in order to possess your possessions. David often spoke with determination whenever he spoke of the things of God. In PSALM 57:7, he said: “My heart is steadfast, O God my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise.” The word ‘steadfast’ can be used to describe concrete cement that has solidified. When concrete is still soft, you can still work on it whatever way you like; but when it has dried, it has become solid. David is saying, here, that his heart is as solid as concrete. In PSLAM 27:4, he says he is only seeking after one thing, to dwell in the house of the Lord: “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.” This is the language of a man of determination. Apostle Paul followed in his footsteps when he was talking in PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14: “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” when someone says he is pressing on, he is saying that any obstacle in his way will be pushed off. Those who desire to succeed in their walk with God need strong determination. It takes strong determination to press on and serve the Lord, especially in the face of temptations. Those who will take the kingdom of God will take it by force. It takes rugged determination to be able to make it to heaven. You must seek the face of God until every tendency towards vacillation disappears from your life and you begin to set your face as a flint towards your God-approved goals and objectives. Be resolutely determined today to be assured of a very bright future.
MEMORIZE: PSALM 57:7 -My heart is steadfast, O God my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise.