Tuesday 8 February 2011

WHY WORRY?


READ: 1 CORINTHIANS 7:1-9
The totality of your success in life rises or falls on the issue of marriage. Marriage is such an important issue that if you fail in that area you must be a rare achiever to succeed in other areas of life. One thing I give thanks to God for is the fact that God graciously gave me a good woman to marry. After my relationship with God, I cherish my relationship with my wife. I thank God for making my home a little heaven on earth. I want to pay close attention to today’s devotional study. Don’t ever jump into marriage as you may never be able to jump out of it. Like me, start by accepting that not everybody will marry. Please let this point be clear from the beginning.  Marriage is a very beautiful thing, but when you think seriously about the matter, the one who does not marry is better than the one who does. Almost all the mighty men tremendously used by God never married. Such people include Elijah, Elisha, Paul, Jesus Christ, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Stephen. Somehow, they did not get into the “trouble”. I am happy being married because my wife has been a tremendous help to me. I always miss her anytime I am out of the home. Marriage, like somebody said, is like a trailer: it drags you. The Bible says clearly that those who are not married mind only the things of God, while those who are married mind the things of their husbands and their wives (I CORINTHIANS 7:34). I have a rough idea that when we got to Heaven, those who are not married will score higher marks, than those of us who are married. Your first step towards marriage, therefore, should be to ask God if He wants you to marry or not. If the answer is negative, then pray to God to let you settle down and begin to work for Him. You could argue that it is God’s desire that we should increase and multiply. Yes, but do all those who marry get children? There a barren sister whom we have prayed so fervently for, but up till today she has no children. However, through this sister, several souls have been saved. She has even led many people to become pastors. You will therefore discover that when we got to Heaven, some barren women will have more children than those who produced while on earth.
MEMORIZE: GENESIS 2:18 And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone;  I will make him a helper comparable to him.”