Tuesday 22 February 2011

SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE


READ PSALM 119:33-40
One of the greatest benefits of sonship is spiritual guidance. Without it, life can become a trackless wasteland. Those who traverse such a wilderness will become confused, weary, and tired. The need for divine guidance is pronounced in some areas of life. Spiritual guidance is extremely important in the area of marriage, for example because marriage can make you or break you. You have to take your case to the Lord in prayers. It is a dangerous thing to move without the Lord’s green light. If God does not give you the green and you move, you are asking for trouble. In Psalm 25:9, the Bible says, “The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way.” God will guide only the meek. There are the ones who are ready to listen to God. There are some who would rather stampede God. A sister once invited me to her wedding. I was delighted to go but, unfortunately, the date of the wedding coincided with another programme I had to attend in Britain. The sister insisted that God had told her that I would be at her wedding. I said very good, but I could not see how I would be in London and also be at her wedding at the same time. Another sister invited me to her wedding. I said no problem. She asked me to choose a date that would suit me. When i told her I had already been booked for the whole year. We chose a date, one year ahead and she waited. Some days to the appointed date, my mother died. She was buried on a Friday. Many people did not know that she was buried on Friday because the Saturday we would have buried her was the day we had scheduled for the sister. She asked me to fix the date and I did. I could not now turn round to change it and disappoint her. After my mother’s burial on Friday, people who came to greet me on Saturday were surprised to hear that I had gone to attend a wedding ceremony. God will guide only the meek. If you are meek, the type of person God may show you to marry may not be choice but God knows what is best for you. Let God guide you. Do not choose first and then ask God to ratify.
MEMORIZE: ROMANS 8:14 –For as many as are led by the spirit of God, these are sons of God.