Thursday 3 November 2011

DIVINE METHODS


READ: JOHN 9:1-7
God uses diverse methods in solving problems. In healing four groups of blind men, Jesus Christ used four methods. In Matthew 9:27-30, Jesus restored the sight of two blind men by simply touching their eyes. In Mark 8:22-25, Jesus took another blind man aside and spat on his eyes. He then touched him twice and the man received his sight. In the case of blind Bartimeaus, Jesus simply told him that his faith had made him whole and Bartimeaus received his sight (Mark 10:46-52). According to our text, Jesus spat on the ground, made mud and put it on his eyes and told him to go and have a wash. By the time he returned, he had two sight-full eyes. Our God works in mysterious ways. He does things in His own ways. The ways that He may adopt may be different from what we expect but we cannot dictate to God. You cannot even dictate to a man of God who is filled with the Holy Spirit on how to pray for you. A sister once sought my assistance in prayer but, as I was about to pray for her, the Holy Spirit told me that the prayer was needless, that I should just tell her that her problems were over. I told the sister what the Holy Spirit told me but she insisted that I should pray. I did. Three months later, she came back to complain that she had not received her miracle. I told her she could not have expected any miracle since she disobeyed the Holy Spirit. When I repeated to her what the Holy Spirit told me, she reluctantly agreed with me. She has got her miracle. We often miss out on our miracles because we downplay divine emphasis and misunderstand God’s method. If only we will be simple enough to accept and flow with the divine method, we will receive our miracles with amazing ease. Do not become stereotyped in your expectation. Allow God to have His way. Let Him use the methods He chooses. Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and the instruction of the man of God and you will experience the glory of God.
MEMORIZE: MARK 10:52 –Then Jesus said to him, Go your way; your faith has made you well. And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.