Saturday 17 December 2011

GLORY OR A SNARE


READ: PSALM34:1-13
The glorious God created man a glorious being. He decked man with glory which issued from Him. Man was made a little lower than angels. This glory has largely remained concealed. If all things are equal, spiritually speaking, the moment anybody comes across you, he should behold the glory of God in your life. The glory bestowed upon you should be visible. What is man’s glory? Psalm 30:11-12 gives us a clue: “You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.” Your tongue is your glory. The tongue was not created for our downfall. If the tongue is our glory, for what then should we use it? It is supposed to be used for singing the praises of God. Psalm 57:7-9 says: “My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise. Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing to You among the nations.” Your heart has to be steadfast to give praise to God with your glory, which is your tongue. David is a perfect example of what it means to make the tongue a glorious part of the body. In Psalm 108:1, David says: “O GOD, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.” Psalm 34:1-3 also says: “I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. ” Those who praise God do not fall into the trap of Satan. Their tongues become a glory to them instead of a snare. Do you know that if you dedicate your tongue to singing praise and glorifying God it will not be a snare to you?
MEMORIZE: 1CORINTHIANS15:58 –Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.