Thursday 1 December 2011

OPENING YOUR WINDOWS


READ: LEVETICUS10:1-11
Windows are common to all of us. We have windows at home and in the office. Therefore, we all know the benefits of windows. For some time now, we have been examining the spiritual implications of windows. We shall go further today. The word of God teaches us that windows can open for some and close for others. In other words, because the keys of the windows of Heaven are in the hands of God, He can open them for A and close them for B. this is stated in Amos 4:7 “I also withheld rain from you, when there were still three months to the harvest. I made it rain on one city, I withheld rain from another city. One part was rained upon, and where it did not rain the part withered.” What then should you do for the windows of Heaven to open for you? One of the things you have to do is to exalt God. If you exalt Him, praise and worship Him, He will open the windows to seek you out. Paul and Silas were thrown into the prison and, in the midnight, they began to praise God until the windows opened and God sought them out. God inhabits the praises of His people. Another thing you will have to do to open the windows of Heaven is to pay all your tithes, including arrears. God said this Himself, in Malachi 3:10, “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now in this, says the LORD of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.” The third thing is to give offerings that can attract Heaven’s attention. In 1 Chronicles 21:24, David said he would not give to God an offering that would not cost him something. When he gave his offering to God, fire came down from Heaven to take up the offering. In 2 Chronicles 1:6-12, Solomon offered a thousand offerings to God. Some of us grumble when we are told to give offerings. I know that many of us have come to despise the word of God because of the actions of some men of God towards offerings. However, you cannot say because there are accidents on the road you will not travel by car again. I would not say that because some people have turned the word of God into merchandise then, when I see the truth, I will not recognize it. I would not allow anything to make me disobey the word of God. What about you?
MEMORIZE: 1CHRONICLES21:24 –…For I will not take what is yours for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings with that which costs me nothing.