Tuesday 13 December 2011

SINCERITY


READ: LUKE22:39-44
There is a saying in Africa that no one can hide his or her nakedness from whoever is going to bury his or her corpse. Indeed, everyone sees the nakedness of a corpse when it is being prepared for burial. If there has been any instance when God has helped me in the past, it is because I never hid anything from Him. Each time I go before my Maker, I tell Him exactly my true situation. Even before I tell Him, He knows anyway. Our text tells us about the integrity and honesty of Jesus Christ Himself. He frankly told the Father to remove the cup from Him. If the Son of the Most High God could be that honest, why should any of us put up a front? We are told that God sent an angel from Heaven to come down and encourage Jesus Christ. One the characteristics of a champion is honesty. When a champion is sad, he cries and when he is happy he laughs. The most dangerous people are those who laugh when they are sad. When God asked Peter, “Where are you?”; in Luke 22:61-62, I am sure his answer was, “Lord, I am outside here, weeping bitterly because over-confidence has destroyed me.” He was honest with God. Because Peter was honest, when Jesus rose from the dead, in Mark 16:1-7, He sent a message specifically to Peter. I am sure that when God asked Jonah the same question, his answer was, “Lord, I am where disobedience has landed me, in the belly of a fish.” He was given another opportunity. If a sincere believer falls, he will rise again. God loves those who are honest and sincere. Do not put up a front. Be sincere. If you were hundred per cent perfect you wouldn’t need the grace of God.
MEMORIZE: JOHN1:3–All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.