Friday 9 December 2011

THE STANDARD


READ: LUKE 14:28-33
God expects us to strive to attain the standard He has set for us. You must be prepared to make everything in your life conform to God’s high and holy standard. God will never lower His standard; neither will He compromise with us. We are the ones to shift our grounds and reach onto greater spiritual heights. Your heart must be free from every trace of sin. Settle your account with God. After you have cleansed your mind and settled with the Lord, you must never allow sin to cling to you again. Do not allow anything to be a barrier between you and heaven. Now is the time to seek the Lord. One of the things that helped me in my Christian race was an incident that happened when I was just a month or two in the Lord. It was announced in the church that a new item was needed. After the service, I went to the pastor in charge to offer to procure the item for the church. I was happy that an opportunity had come to spend for the Lord. The pastor told me that someone had already accepted the challenge. I offered to still buy one to the church. I thanked the pastor and left.His response bothered me. The following Sunday, I asked the pastor what he meant. He asked whether I was born-again and I said I was. He asked to know whether I was sure that I was on my way to Heaven. I say I was sure. He asked whether I was ready to pay any price to get there. I said I was. He shocked me when he stated that the church could consider my offer later. My pastor’s main concern was whether I was ready for heaven. Are you ready for heaven? It is time to seek the Lord. Death may come tomorrow. Be sure that you are ready to go. Don’t be caught unawares. Be prepared.
MEMORIZE: PROVERBS 4:23 –Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.