Tuesday 10 January 2012

THE ERA OF POWER


READ: ACTS2:1-21
More than any time in Christian history, we need to go back to the era of power. In the first century Church, they did not have money but they had power. You know the story in Acts 3:1-8. Let us read from verse 6: “Then Peter said, Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” Peter had no money but he had power. If it is possible to sell everything I have, so as to receive the anointing of God, I will gladly do it. If I have to choose between all the money in Nigeria and the power to raise the dead just by snapping my fingers, I will choose power. I am not talking of power just for pastors but for those who get born again in recent times. The Almighty God is ready to give the tremendous power to anyone really hungry and thirsty for it. The Bible says: “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.” If you want God’s power, you will get it. I once preached at a congress meeting some years back. In the gathering was a demon possessed boy. When the boy was born, his parents consulted a fetish priest on his future. The fetish priest told them that if they did not want the boy to die, he should be taken to Jesus Christ. The parents did not believe him. However, from that day, the boy never felt well. They combed everywhere in search of solution until, finally, someone led them to our crusade. As we preached, I observed a little commotion in the crowd. This was not unusual in those days, though. When the power of God falls, anything can happen. At the end of the sermon, I enquired to know what happened and was told that as I was preaching a snake suddenly came out of the chest of the little boy. The commotion came when they tried to kill the snake. The devil had implanted a demon to follow the boy everywhere he went. The word of God drove out the snake. Nobody prayed for him or laid hands on him. This is the kind of power I am talking about. You can have this kind of power today.
MEMORIZE: ACTS1:8–But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.