Saturday 14 January 2012

SUBTLE TOOLS


READ: JOB31:1
Women are Satan’s cheapest tools. In his grand scheme, Satan has used the weaker sex to destroy the strong. Many mighty ones have fallen at the feet of the weaker sex. Christian history is replete with stories of how champions have fallen flat on their face through women usually perceived as weak and harmless. We all know the story of the wife of Potiphar. She was attracted to Joseph and tried to seduce him. This led Joseph to prison. The woman, for sure, is now in hell. Another woman wanted to marry King Herod at all costs. John the Baptist advised her against this. As a result of his advice, he was beheaded. This woman and those who beheaded John the Baptist are sure languishing in hell now. Satan has other baits he uses to trap people. He uses our eyes, which the Lord has given us to behold any person on whom He has put His glory. This is what he did to Ananias and Sapphira. They saw someone praised for his genuine act of selling his land and bringing the money into the purse of the apostles. They wanted to be like him but used a wrong method. They ended up in hell. Job said something important in Job 31:1 and 7-8: “I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I look upon a young woman?” “…my heart walked after my eyes…then let sow, and another eat; yes, let my harvests be rooted out.”What he said here is what befalls those who cannot control their eyes.Job went on in Job31:12: “For that would be a fire that consumes to destruction, and would root out all my increase.” Anybody who fornicates or commits adultery is like someone who has put hot coals on his or her chest. There is no way you can put hot coals on your chest and not get burn. The sin of fornication and adultery has great consequences attached to them. If you allow the opposite sex to lead you astray, you will find the consequences unbearable.
MEMORIZE: JOB31:1 –I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I look upon a young woman?