Tuesday 1 April 2014

BOTTLE OF TRANSFORMATION



READ: ISAIAH 55:11-13
I was a lecturer at the University of Lagos before I knew the Lord. I had a car and a driver. I was paying him 10 pounds a month which was a lot of money in 1972. Half way into the month, I would borrow from my driver to fuel my car. I was poor and so financially challenged that at the middle of each month I was broke. To God’s glory, that circle of poverty has been broken and I do not have to borrow anymore from my driver. Have you been going through a similar situation? Are you living from hand to mouth? This season that circle of poverty will break in Jesus name.
“Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off” (Isaiah 55:13). Do you know God can suddenly put an end to poverty in your life? I mean you could experience a sudden and dramatic positive turn that will put you above lack for the rest of your life? That shall be your portion today in Jesus name. Someone shared with me this story he read in a book. It is about a man who was very poor in the morning but by the evening he had become very rich. A very wealthy woman who lived in London but had no child was about to die. On her death bed, she wrote her will, tucked it into a bottle, sealed it and threw it into River Thames in London.
The bottle floated into the ocean and from there it traversed the whole world for the next 10 years. In that will, she wrote that whoever found the bottle and read the will should automatically inherit all she had. One morning, the poor man decided to take a stroll by the beach. As he did so, the bottle floated to the seashore and caught his attention. He picked it up and opened it and became an instant millionaire! The Lord will cause your desired change to come to you suddenly. On the other hand, that bottle can be likened to God’s offer of salvation whereas the will to all the Abrahamic covenant blessings that can be yours. If you can accept the bottle –God’s offer of salvation by receiving Jesus Christ into your life, Kingdom privileges and benefits will become your inheritance. If you reject the bottle, you may forfeit every good plan and provision God has for you. By exercising your faith, you can receive your breakthrough today.
MEMORIZE: ISAIAH 55:1 –Ho, every one that thirsts, come you to the waters, and he that has no money; come you, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.