Sunday 6 April 2014

QUALIFIED FOR HARVEST?



READ: GALATIANS 6:7-9
We do not have anniversaries every day. Normally, an anniversary is a period of feasting. The preacher who will preach on that day will preach a very pleasant sermon. Your harvest is coming. God wants you to prepare for a harvest according to Genesis 8:22. It says: “While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.” One law that is the most powerful of laws, and has its tentacles spread into every facet of human endeavour in the law of harvest. According to our reading and Hosea 8:7, a harvest is far bigger than the seed that was sown to produce it.
2 Corinthians 9:6 says your harvest is directly proportional to the amount of seed sown. This accounts for why many poor people remain poor. Besides, the harvest is always of the same seed producing it according to James 3:12. Whatever you sow is exactly what you will reap. The question is: What are you sowing? Sometime ago, I was about to travel to Kenya for a conference. My lovely wife said since I had never been there before and was not sure of the kind of food they will serve; she would give me a treat, so that even if I ate nothing for that whole week, I will always recall I had a great meal at home.
She prepared my favorite pounded yam with one large chicken and set the table for me to eat before heading for the airport. Just then some of my friends came from Ibadan. Boy! Were they hungry! They went straight to the table and leveled the mountain of pounded yam. It was too late for my wife to prepare another meal so I travelled. Do you know that every day of the conference somebody came and invited me out? And wherever we went, they served me chicken. If we had not sown that meal I would not have had such a harvest. Many of us want a harvest. We desire and pray for it. Harvest is not by mere desires or wishes. Harvest is not just by praying and fasting. If you truly want a harvest, sow what you want and at harvest time you will reap what you have sown. Sow big, reap big. Sow money, harvest money. Sow clothes. Somebody sowed some ties to some needy brothers. At harvest time, he reaped ties – better ones. Sow pieces of land and you will reap them in prime areas. This principle works always except in a trial of faith situation, when harvest is temporarily delayed.
MEMORIZE: JAMES 3:12 –Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? Either a vine, figs? So can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.