Saturday 2 November 2013

TIME TO FLY



READ: PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14
You have been empowered by God. You have been anointed. You have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Praise God. If you get the power but refuse to use it, you will lose it. To avoid losing your power, do not repeat the mistakes made by those who lost theirs. This is why you must be temperate in every area of your life according to 1 Corinthians 9:25-27. In addition, you must handle past successes with wisdom. Victory poorly managed brings defeat. According to today’s reading, thank God for past victories, put them behind you and press forward for the next higher place. Paul says, “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14).
1 Corinthians 12:31 says you can covet spiritual gifts and the anointing. That means you can always ask for more. If you are content with the level you are, you cannot move an inch further. But if you ask for more, God will give you more. Pilots are upgraded depending on how long they have been flying, measured in hours. Years ago, God asked me: ‘If you want to employ a pilot, will you employ the one with one thousand hours flying experience or the one with twice that experience?’ I told Him I would prefer the latter because he is more experienced. Then He told me that those I saw with great anointing whom I admire, have flown more than I have. When I asked Him how they flew, He referred me to Isaiah 40:31: “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not the faint.”
Those wait on the Lord and fervently pray in tongues are actually flying. God told me although I have been praying, it has centered around bread and butter. If you pray in tongues, you pray for mysteries and deep things of God. Some people have never flown for one hour because they have not been baptized in the Holy Spirit. Some who have been baptized in the Holy Spirit pray in tongues once in a while. Today, God is calling you to fly.
MEMORIZE: ISAIAH 40:31 –But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not the faint.