Monday 17 February 2014

BORNE BY DIVINE HANDS



READ: MATTHEW 19:13-14
Another benefit of being a divine baby is that babies are carried. Adults are too big to be carried. Even though babies have legs and hands, they move about with the legs of their parents and other grown ups. If you become a baby from today, God will cause you to walk with His legs. He will carry you about. In Isaiah 46:4, God says, “And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you; I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.”
God is the Ancient of Days. No matter how old you become, even when all your hair turn gray, you are still a babe to God and He is able and willing to carry you. Recently, I was with a couple. The man carried his child and having trecked a distance, we got to a particular spot and he intended to bring the boy down but he refused. He started to cry. The couple was upset. They expected me to take side with them and ask the child to come down but I told them that if I too had someone to carry me, I would not walk. One challenge of an adult is that he must walk. When you walk, you carry yourself and do things in your strength. Why walk when you can be carried? Our God is the Almighty and as a result, He is big enough to carry you and all your burdens. From today, the Lord will bear you on eagle’s wings. This year, you will accomplish a lot through His power, not your strength.
According to today’s reading, another benefit of being a child is that children can be blessed. Jesus blessed the children, not the parents or others who brought them. A baby of a few days old gets whatever he wants by crying. If he is wet, the mother will joyfully change his nappy. But if a child of six years old wets his bed, he will get a spanking. By the time he is 10 years, he will have to ask his father for one dollar several times before he is given. Spiritually, it is the same. When I was just a few months old in Christ, before I cried, God answered. Babies do not argue or worry where the food will come from. They know it is either there is food or somebody will be in trouble. Adults are the ones calculating and asking questions. They depend on their salaries to survive. Parents do all the worrying for their babies while they have a good time -eat, sleep and play. You can ask God to make you a divine child that will access these benefits from now.
MEMORIZE: ISAIAH 46:4 -And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you; I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.