Friday 7 February 2014

LOSING FOCUS?



READ: EPHESIANS 5:1-8
Sometimes ago, after a seminar at University of Ibadan where I asked the students if they were prepared to become like a baby in order to receive their miracles, the Lord applied the same the same question to me. He asked me if I did not already consider myself an ‘adult.’ I was shocked. That question provoked a thorough self-examination right down to the time I became born again. It was then I noticed some changes. I realized that since I became the General Overseer and everyone addressed me as ‘G.O’, certain things suddenly changed in my relationship with God.
In the past, shortly after my conversion, I did not have to pray for more than two minutes before obtaining an answer. But after I became General Overseer, it took the efforts of binding and loosing, praying in tongues and resisting the devil before I could obtain personal miracles. This stirred up a crave to become like a baby again. It is beautiful to be a divine baby. Are you a baby or an adult of God? In John 13:33, Jesus called His disciples ‘Little children.’ He was talking to the likes of Peter who were physically older than Him. How I wish the Lord will take a look at me today and call me ‘My little child.’
“Then Jesus says to them, Children, have you any meat? They answered Him, No” (John 21:5). When the disciples newly became saved, they were little children. After walking with Him for over three years, after His resurrection, He saw them and still called them children, yet none of them protested being called a child. Today, many have missed the mark of humility that should characterize the Christian faith. Some believers especially ministers would do anything to retain a title or office. If you dare call them brother so and so, they will feel belittled and humiliated. They will immediately correct you; I am Pastor, Apostle, Doctor so and so. The title ‘brother’ and ‘sister’ which is basically used seems quite inappropriate to those who believe they have acquired several kingdom keys and spiritual growth. Some detest being called ‘child of God’ because of the length of years they have spent in Christ. If those apostles remained children of God and those of us who are coming behind them consider it an insult, then it is obvious we have lost focus. We are not seeing what they saw. Our priority is misplaced.
MEMORIZE: EPHESIANS 5:1 –Be you therefore followers of God as dear children.