Thursday 27 February 2014

CLEAN JOB



READ: PSALM 139:1-12
Several years ago, a man has a case in court. His prosecutor sent for some witnesses to come by boat to testify against him. He knew their testimony would lead to conviction so he came up with a plan. He organized for the boat conveying the witnesses to capsize and all of them drowned. Then he made sure those he used in wrecking the boat were also killed. He left no trace and satisfied himself he did a clean job. Years after, he became very wealthy and had forgotten his past. The Lord allowed him to have a stubborn sickness that defied all treatments. In the process of searching for healing, somebody advised him to come to me for prayers.
I prayed for him but nothing happened. So I asked the Lord, Why? And God told me to ask him what he did years ago. When I asked him, he was shocked and asked how I knew something happened exactly that period of time. Eventually he used his mouth to confess what he wasted lives to cover. There is nothing hid that shall not come to the open someday. In various nations and Nigeria in particular, people are asking to know who are behind certain mysterious murders, assassinations and occurrences. They may appear ‘well covered’ but one day the lid will fall off and the truth shall be seen. On that day, the shame shall be great. Whether you believe it or not, one day whatever is hidden will come to the open because God’s Word is forever settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89).
Sometime ago, a pastor came from Cameroun asking to join us. He was very popular. He made several promises and claims that appeared far-fetched. One day while waiting on the Lord in my office in the camp ground, he came in, greeted me and began to make certain suggestions. While he was speaking, the Lord spoke to me so I interrupted him and told him, keep quiet. Are you not afraid to lie in the presence of the Holy Spirit? He began to sweat but I told him, he will not die in my office, so he left. A week later the government uncovered who he really was, and soon after he died. Whether in government or out of government, in power, or out of power someday the lid will fall off. Have you swept several evils under the carpet? Repent and expose them now or else when the lid is off, your shame shall be great.
MEMORIZE: PSALM 139:1 –O Lord, You has searched me, and known me.