Thursday 3 July 2014

BENEFICIAL LOSSES



READ: MATTHEW 5:29-30
Are you married to Jesus? Keep that relationship intact. I thank God for doctors. Before I was born again, I would have been a dead man if not for them. However, since I got married to Jesus, they have not seen me in their hospitals. And they never will. The reason is that you cannot be a wife of the Greatest Physician and lack medical care. The best possible treatment on earth and in heaven will be at your beck and call. When you are married to the right man, all your burdens, assets and liabilities will become His. That is why Philippians 4:19 says, “But God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. By your marriage to Him, you have become His responsibility.
The enjoyment and glory awaiting all who will finally make it to heaven is so great that the average human heart finds it difficult to comprehend. In Matthew 5:29-30, Jesus gives an idea. He said if your right hand will hinder you from entering heaven, cut it off. As a new born babe in Christ, something I kept asking the Lord was: If you really love me, why would you ask me to cut off my right hand? In answer, the Lord showed me a vision. I saw a multitude of Christians joyfully singing and strolling towards heaven. All of a sudden, I saw a man coming from the rear. He was in a mad rush and pushed just anyone who will hinder him. In my mind, I was wondering if the man was a Christian when Matthew 11:12 was impressed on my heart.
While meditating on this verse, I saw why the man was running unlike those who were strolling. The gates of Heaven -one huge sliding door- was closing. He rushed further and by the time he got there the gap left could only take him entering sideways. As he entered, the gate finally shut and his right hand was still outside. Then the angel inside told him, “Sir, it has been decided that nothing more can come in but something can still go out. To enable me shut this gate properly, sir, you will either have to go out or we would have to cut off your right hand”. If you were the man, which will you choose? To lose a hand and remain in heaven or to be whole but outside heaven? Not all born again Christians will make it to heaven. If you must enter heaven you need to run in your commitment, obedience and in your present level of walking with God. Take a look at your life. What are those things that will hinder you from entering? Cut them off today. No matter how close or valuable: cut them off now. They are beneficial losses.
MEMORIZE: HEBREWS 11:16 –But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared for them a city.