Saturday 6 July 2013

ASK



READ: 2 KINGS 2:9-10
The ability to ask is very crucial in determining those who will receive the showers of God’s blessings. In Philippians 3:8, Paul traded his accomplishments for Christ. He aimed at winning Christ. What do you ask the Lord today? The Lord is the Jehovah El-Shaddai – the God who is more than enough. He is excited when you ask for something big because it shows you have an inkling of who He is. But you insult His person when you ask for peanuts. According to John 15:11, God wants your joy full so ask for very big blessings.
I have learnt to ask God for uncommon blessings. I once told Him, ‘O God, give me the double portion of your anointing upon Elisha, added to the double portion of the anointing on Apostle Paul; plus double your anointing on Peter; plus double the one on the Lord Jesus Christ when He was on earth. Add all together, double it and give me that level of anointing.’ When I was through with my request, the Lord told me, ‘Son, you are asking for trouble. If I give you what you are asking for, people will never allow to rest. They will come from all over the world asking you to pray for them.’ Then I replied, ‘Daddy, that’s alright. Just give me the anointing. Let people come and trouble me. It is better for them to bother me with their request than to ignore me because I lack anointing.’
Those who will experience the showers of blessing are those who know how to ask for hard things like Elisha in our reading today. You must be ready to ask Him what He alone can do. If your request is such that the pastor can handle, the glory will go to the pastor. But if it goes far beyond the ability of any man, when God does it everyone will ascribe the glory to Him. What do you need the blessing for, anyway? If it is just enough to sustain you and your family then you only need the down pour. But if you want to be in a position materially and financially where you could be a blessing to countless people, then you need the heavy down pours. From today, begin to ask God for the unusual blessings. Ask for dry bones to live again. Ask dried trees to begin to bear fruit again. Arise today and tender your request for extra-ordinary blessings.
MEMORIZE: JOHN 14:14 –If you shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.