Sunday 14 July 2013

PASSION



READ: ACTS 20:32-35
To qualify for showers of blessings, you have passion. Passion is hard work. Everything you do must be laced with passion and commitment. Such people do not give room for half measures. They do not go about asking for money or gifts. In all my years as a minister, the Lord connected me to the high and mighty. There are several millionaires who I know would gladly do anything for me but I have never gone to anyone to say, ‘My friend can you give me some money?’
Those whom God has blessed financially contribute towards church projects. I do not have interest in acquiring money for myself. Even when God uses them to bless me personally, I happily transfer such into the preaching of the Gospel world wide. I have realised that the more I do this, the more God raises people to bless me. I am constantly drenched in the showers of God’s blessings to God’s glory.
This brings us to the next point. Those who would experience showers of blessing never live as beggars. They prefer to be givers rather than receivers.
When it comes to giving, they would offer to God their best. When God looks at them, He will say, ‘son, you are exact replica of my nature as far as giving is concerned.’ They give big and ask big. This is why they get big. What is your attitude towards spending on the Gospel today? Are you bored whenever you are told to meet the needs in God’s house? Or do you see it for what it is: an opportunity to be blessed?
As a minister, how is your ministry? Have you turned it into a ministry of begging? Do you wait on the Lord to meet your needs or do you go about begging from every Tom, Dick and Harry and in the process bring reproach to God’s name? Repent and handle things in the right way and the showers will fall.
MEMORIZE: ECCLESIASTES 9:10 –Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.