Wednesday 26 January 2011

OBJECTS OF RESTITUTION


READ: EXODUS 22:1-4
Restitution is commanded by God to enable us fellow peace with all men. There are several areas we have offended for which restitution is required. If you have stolen, whether from man or God, you have to restitute what you have stolen. Have you stolen God’s tithe? Go and make restitution.
Have you wrongly filled your tax forms claiming to be married with three or more children, in a bid to reduce your tax, when you were still single? You have defrauded the government, you need to make restitution.
Several years ago, as an unsaved teacher, I had a visitor and I took a bed from the school dormitory for him to use. After the visitor left, I retained the bed in my possession. When I left the school, the bed had become my personal property so I took it along. Seven years later, I gave my life to Christ and on hearing the word of God on restitution, I searched my house for things that did not belong to me and found the bed in my house. I had to make restitution. I paid double for the bed and then I had peace.
Many of us take what belongs to our employers and convert them. Some of us borrow certain things from friends or libraries but never return them. As a true child of God, you need to scrutinize all your belongings and return everything that has been fraudulently or mistakenly possessed in your custody back to the rightful owners.
Check your possessions and fish out anything that is not yours and make restitution. Any pending item to be restituted stands to hinder your Christian testimony and the likelihood of making the rapture. They are exhibits of an unchanged heart. If you claim to be saved, what are they still doing in your custody?
MEMORIZE: EXODUS 22:4 –If the theft be certainly found in his hand alive, whether it be ox, or ass, or sheep; he shall restore double.