Monday 9 December 2013

LICENCE TO KILL



READ: JEREMIAH 2:12-13
In 2 Kings 1:1-4, king Ahaziah became sick and sent a message to Baalzebub, to enquire if he would survive the sickness. God was displeased that instead of coming to Him, he chose to go the devil. As a result, God’s judgement fell on him and he never recovered from that sickness. Never provoke God to jealousy by going to the devil for help. If you are named after Christ, you must not forsake the living waters. Our reading compares alternatives to God with broken cisterns that cannot hold water. Have you accepted charms as an alternative? Have you decided to make man your trust? If they cannot help themselves, how can they help you? Before my conversion to Christ, I bought a new car and my folks advised I should fortify it. They took me to a witch doctor who gave me three charms. One was to be in my boot, the second was to be tied under the steering wheel while the third was to be under my seat. Until then, l was never involved in an accident. Two weeks after embracing the charm, I was involved in three accidents. I needed no soothsayer to tell me to throw them away.
Jesus Christ is the source of true protection. Meeting the devil for help leads one into greater bondage. Is there any charm in your house? You are only calling trouble for yourself. A man once made a charm to protect him from snake bites. From the time he made the charm, he was bitten by snakes at least once a year. When I asked him of efficacy of such a charm, he replied that snakes must continue to bite him so as to convince him whether the charm was still working or not. Any charm you made to prevent something, actually becomes the licence the devil requires to visit you regularly with that predicament. Psalm 16:4 says a trip to any god other than the Almighty God, multiplies your sorrow. It is their licence to kill you.
MEMORIZE: PSLAM 16:4 –Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god; their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take p their names into my lips.