Sunday 9 March 2014

DON’T LIMIT YOUR VISION



READ: HABAKKUK 2:1-2
Many years ago, as a pastor in RCCG, whenever we had a Convention and we had a couple of thousands, I will say, What a crowd! But in 1979 when I attended Kenneth Hagin’s camp meeting in America, I saw 17000 people. I saw miracles and particularly the lame walking. While onboard the plane taking me back to Nigeria after the programme, I told God, “You are my Father so I want to talk to You as a son0 if you do not do in Nigeria what I saw in America, I will call you a racist.” That became the extent of my vision. I was now anticipation our organizing a convention as large as the camp meeting in America.
One day, through God’s miraculous arrangement, I accidently stumbled on an invitation to attend the Church growth conference of Dr. Yongi Cho in Korea. I went. For the first time in my life, I saw the pastor telling his congregation not to come to church the following Sunday so that those who could not come that day may be able to attend. The crowd was large! For the first time, I saw a pastor holding seven services on a Sunday and begging members to come forthnightly. It was then it dawned on me that what I saw in America was not what I wanted. When you climb, you see more. When you see more, you want more.
Some people believe they have done so much when they give
Naira 1000 offering. But when you hear the brother in the 1979 camp meeting of 17000 ministers who addressed us that we should give the best offering we can, and he will single handedly give what 17000 people will give as an offering, then you will know you have not gone far. Further investigations about this brother revealed that he had discovered that there is no better business partner than God. He started a business with $ 500 and in 5 years it grew into $ 500 million just because he reversed the order of tithe: he takes 10% and gives God 90%. After I saw that, several things changed in my life. What are you seeing? What you see will enlarge or limit your progress. You cannot go beyond what you see. From today, come up to the mountain top in every area of your life and ministry.  You were created to dominate. But you cannot dominate situations if you are still in the valley. Step up your prayer time, Bible study time, praise and worship time. Step up your offering and tithes. Take uncommon steps and change your life today.
MEMORIZE: HABAKKUK 2:1 –I will stand upon my watch, and set me the tower, and will watch to see what He will say to me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.