Wednesday 21 May 2014

CHARACTERISTICS OF THE GROUND



READ: ISAIAH 55:10-11
There are certain characteristics exhibited by the ground that every believer should emulate. The first is humility. The soil and humility have the same root. 1 Peter 5:6 says: “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.” The Israelites went on a journey for 40 years because God wanted to humble them (Deuteronomy 8:2, 16). By the time God takes you up and you look back at your humble beginning, it will erode any basis for pride. Some of us are proud of our achievements. But there are people who are stronger, more intelligent and hard working than you yet they are not where you are. Humble yourself!
Whenever you humble yourself, God says, That child of mine is going higher. Before long, you will find yourself on a higher level. In the recent Azusa Conference held in the United States, I met a great musician who can play 500 instruments. He gave me one of his tapes and told me that I cannot imagine the impact I made on his life while I was ministering. He said of all the preachers who ministered, I was the only one who began my ministration on my knees. Humble yourself. Pride speaks against you. And whatever it says will be used to nail you. But humility may be silent but it speaks volumes for you and whatever it says will be used in exalting you.
“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not thither, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater” (Isaiah 55:10). Another characteristic of the ground is that it is a giver. Just as it receives, it gives. After a rainfall, the ground in gratitude to the sender of the rain provides seed to the sower and bread to the eater. If you desire to reach your God-given destiny, don’t remain a receiver, be a giver. The least you can give is money. The ground is always saying, Thank you. Some years ago, someone invited us to Mushin (area in Lagos-Nigeria). I thought he had a problem he wanted solved but to my amazement he said it was just to say, thank you. I was touched. I had to hide my tears. Learn to always give back something to God. God cannot praise Himself so He needs our praises. An adage says that a child who is grateful for what was done for him yesterday will receive another blessing. You can be that child!
MEMORIZE: DEUTERONOMY 8:16 –Who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers knew not, that He might humble you, and that He might prove you, to do you good at your latter end.