Sunday 18 August 2013

HARDENED HEARTS



READ: ACTS 9:19-22
Being born again is the real thing. It is not just that it is in vogue. Anyone born into this world who has not experienced this second birth – the spirit birth, it is as good as not existing. If you are born again, I mean genuinely saved, then you should be proud of it. By the grace of God I am born again and I am very proud of it. Are you sure you are born again? If yes, are you proud of it ? If you are proud of something, you will tell all your friends about it. If you are ashamed of something, you will try to avoid talking about it. If you are very proud of something, you will so talk of it that you will move your friends and well wishers to envy.
In our reading, after Saul surrendered himself to Christ, he immediately began to preach about Him. He did not mind the fact that a week before, he persecuted Christians. He did not care what people would say. While people were calling him impostor, persecutor-turned-preacher, he was increasing in spiritual strength and began to convince hardened Jews that Jesus Christ was the promised Messiah. Today, believers feel shy to talk about Jesus. If it is true that you have had encounter with Jesus you will talk about it. If you don’t talk about the testimony of your salvation, it is because you have none.
“Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32-33)
Some times ago, Jesus explained this passage to me. He said when we get to Heaven, after the initial celebration, He will take us one by  one and introduce us to His Father and tell Him that we confessed Him to the world. He said many of us will weep for joy. Then the Almighty God will personally wipe our faces individually. Praise God. If you do not confess Jesus to the people on the earth, there is the likelihood of your not entering Heaven. If you say you are born again but you are hiding it, there is something wrong somewhere. If since this year you have not won a soul to the Lord, it reveals a state of complacency and hardness. It shows you do not take the commands of Jesus seriously. You need to return to the cross for a true experience of salvation. Don’t deceive yourself, Heaven is precious.
MEMORIZE: MATTHEW 10:32-33 –Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven.